Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Team

I think it is important to introduce you to my Team members that I work with everyday. Some are hard-charging, cold-hearted Warriors and others are somewhat "fluffier." All of them are great guys and I have absolutely no qualms about going to combat with them. They all have little ticks that make them unique and I am sure after this, you will want to have a beer and hang out with them. Let me show you an example...
One night, while in a restaurant in Rome, Italy, we were having a nice dinner with some of these guys, a few armed national Police officers, my former boss' sister and her friend and a couple of college girls that were invited by a former Team member. After a few rounds of pasta and wine (I think the count was 22 people and 16 bottles of wine), we of course got loud. The Police got more embarrassed as we got louder and louder. Finally, the evening ended and I grabbed my boss, who was tanked, grabbed my logisitical guy, tanked as well and headed off into Campo di Fiori to another bar. One of the young ladies mentioned to another that we were absolutely crazy and she couldn't understand "what was wrong with us and why we acted so terribly." The second young lady looked her in the eye (my boss' sister) and said "Do you know who the guys are that climb through the mountains and kill the enemy?" The first young lady said, "yeah, why?" "That's them!" the sister said.
The first Team member I should introduce is SMac. He used to be the man in charge of the Team, but has since been summoned to the palace to think stuff up. A true professional and absolute concrete leader of armed men. He took this Team to new heights and I owe so much to him for his bossiness. He and I went through alot together (mostly 12-packs of Heffe Wiezens) and is a true friend. He is soon off to bigger and better things and I wish him all the luck in the world.
The Blind Mice consist of 20-somethings who are like newborns. They still think they are college students and have such a terrific advantage being in fantastic locations, such as ours. They are open, honest, egostistical, fit and drunkards who can party all night (but still sleep alone) and come and kick ass everyday. I feel like "dad" to most of them and sleep sound knowing they have my back.
The Warrior Kings are the roughest, nastiest bunch of ass kickers on earth. Born to do what they do, they are the best at it and excel every day. They are the sculptors of young men and at the same time they are wise and offer counsel, wisdom, punishment and reward all in a days work. There are three and they go at each other like lions after a lame gazelle. It makes them better at what they do. Vo-Vo is a motorcycle racer who spends enormous amounts of cash on bike parts. He has an awesome side-kick that keeps him in line when he sleeps at home. "The head" is a young man who has seen a lot. He is brash, full of piss and vinegar, dedicated and hard on the lambs. Plus, he has the biggest head on earth! Frederica is country as they come. Born and raised in Hell, he works on the leftovers from the Energizer Bunny. His claim to fame is onions. Lots and lots of onions...his farts are worse than dead rhino guts baked in the sun. The best of the three? I wouldn't even chance pitting them against each other in a poll. All of them should be paraded around for what they do everyday.
The newest member of the Team now has the CON. He comes from the land of the eight roller and has extensive experience. He is smart, funny, fits right in to the Team and you will hear more about him as we progress.
The remainder of the Team range from dullards to superstars. Warriors to ass-clowns. But, I guarantee you have never seen a group of individuals with this type of desire or a stronger work ethic. They live every day to defend freedom. It is their calling and their responsibility. Sleep well, for the members of this Team are ready and you are safe.

No comments: